The Scottish Lib Dems have published a report showing the impact on SNP centralisation on Scotland.
You can read the full report here: The SNP have centralised the life out of Scotland.
The impact just for Tayside has been:
What has been lost:
- Perth & Kinross Council, Dundee City Council and Angus Council stripped of financial responsibility.
- Tayside Police abolished and their Dundee HQ scrapped.
- Police public counters closed in Auchterarder, Blairgowrie, Brechin, Carnoustie, Crieff, Kinross, Longhaugh, Maryfield and Montrose.
- Arbroath Sheriff Court closed.
- Tayside Fire and Rescue Service abolished and their Dundee HQ scrapped.
- Local Tayside Enterprise company board disbanded and now controlled centrally.
- NHS capital funding decisions for up to 22 local hospitals now made in Edinburgh.
- Angus College and Dundee College merged, losing local links.
What has been given:
- Policing with centrally imposed stop and search targets up 236% in Perth & Kinross, 325% in Angus and 102% in Dundee even though the police admit there is “no robust evidence” it works.
- Armed police routinely patrolling even the smallest towns and villages.
- Local health services which miss important treatment time targets for children and young people suffering from mental ill-health.